Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Mornings with Landyn

I dont know how other children are, but let me tell you Landyn gives me a run for my money every morning for school. Here is our morning in a nut shell. I wake her up at 7am (which by my standards are pretty good for school time) I go into her room and rub her back for a minute and whisper that its time to get up. She turns over throws the covers over her head and tells me she doesnt like school and doesnt want to go anymore. I give her the whole speech you have to go to school I did it Daddy did it and so on. I go to the bathroom and turn on the bathtub water, about this time she comes in crying and asking my if she could just skip this day and she will go to tomorrows day of school pretty please, I just ignore all of this and keep moving her along. As she is in the tub she makes sure every body part is washed to her liking (which could be two or three times over, but hey she is clean) and then we focus on her hair, thats a whole other story. Now remember the water is never right, its always too hot or tooo cold, which takes up a few more minuets of our morning. I get her out of the tub and get her dried off, which again its too cold and she is never DRY enough,or the towel is never the RIGHT towel, Never big enough..so on and so on. I distract her meltdown, by having her go pick out her panties (I cannot pick them out, she never likes my choices) then we start on what we are going to wear for the day. Now this is where I start to loose my patience. It can take 15 min or more, just deciding what she wants to wear. We have even tried getting them out the night before..somehow my sweet Landyn that goes to bed and will wear anything I pick out transforms to evil Landyn and it all goes out the door. Then we go down stairs for hair, brushing teeth, and eating breakfast. Landyn and her HAIR..I have never seen a kid so worried about how her hair is going to look. With Jaden I could do the cutest hairstyles, she didnt care..but not with Landyn she wants a play by play and even pictures before I even touch her. We really sit and talk about how her hair is going to look and believe me she vetos most of my ideas..she really like the braids with NO ponies thing right now. Next comes the shoe issue..along with the HAIR this could have its own chapter. Enough said. Now I dont know about any of you , but sending my kids off without breakfast just doesnt seem right. (plus Landyn might tell her teacher that I didnt feed her) even though neither of them eat anything in the morning..I might get Landyn to take maybe 2 bites from a bagel or a VERY VERY small bowl of cereal, which she never finishes, but it still makes me feel better to at least have tried, and by this time of the morning I am pooped. Some days I thank God for Jaden, because she is so good about deflecting Landyns issues, but it all is better when she goes to run out the door, but turns to come back because she needs to kiss me good bye.

No comments: